One of the many benefits of having a Virtual Scout Hall/Microsoft Teams site is the ability to communicate and meet with members and families.
This document details the instructions for Group Leaders/LICs and Section Leaders to set up and schedule meetings via Microsoft Teams.
- Note - to schedule meetings, you must have an activated Scouts NSW email address.
- Note - you will require all the email addresses you used when inviting your members to join the Virtual Scout Hall/Microsoft Teams site.
Instructions for Leaders
- Log in to the Teams site via https://teams.microsoft.com/go#. Enter your Scouts NSW email address and password.
- On the left hand side panel, select 'Calendar'. The icon will look like the one below.
- Select the Day and Time you wish to have the meeting. For example, Monday 7pm.
- A 'New Meeting' pop up will appear, similar to the one displayed below. Populate the details of the meeting:
- Add the meeting name
- Add the participants by typing in their email addresses (you will need to add them one by one)
- Enter the Date, Start Time and End Time of the meeting
- If you would like the meeting to recur (e.g. if it is a Weekly meeting), select the repeat time to be 'Weekly'.
- Select 'Add channel' and Select Hall - 'XXX Scouts Group > General'
- In the Description box, enter information about the meeting including its purpose and an agenda.
- Once all meeting details are filled in, press 'Send'.
- A meeting request will go out to all the participants you included in the 'To' list.
- The participants will receive an invitation to attend the upcoming meeting. They can 'Accept' the meeting and it will be added into their own calendar (Google, Outlook, Hotmail etc.) to access and use to join the meeting. If the meeting is recurring (e.g. a weekly meeting), the meeting will appear in their calendar each week.