From time to time, you may need to print something but you do not want it to print until you are at the printer. Secure Printing is what you need.
Follow these steps
- Open the document(s) you want to print.
- Select the Print function to print the document
- The print options box will open up.
Select Printer Properties
- Under the Output Method select Secure Print option, then select Yes.
Note: the output method will not automatically change back to Printer. You will need to change it back on the next print run.
- In the Secure Print Details box, enter a PIN. This can be anything, just remember it.
- Now press OK to close the first box.
- Now press print.
Your document will be sent to the printer and will be waiting for you so you can print when you are there.
- Walk to the printer
- Turn the printer on (if it is not already)
- Select the Print Icon with the Padlock on it.
- The print queue will be shown
Select the print job to be printed
- Enter your PIN you created before
- Press Ok and then press Start Printing.
Your print job will be printed.