- This feature is available for the Web versions of MS office that support dictation for Scouts NSW E1 (Non-Profit Licence)
- It is available in the Desktop version, if you have subscribed to your own subscription of Office 365.
- To use Dictation, you must be connected to the internet.
How to use
This information has been taken from the Microsoft website
- Open up the application (Desktop or Web versions)
- Go to Home > Dictate.
- Wait for the red dot to appear on the Dictate button and a quick sound let you know that dictation has begun.
- Start talking. As you talk, text appears on your screen.
- Speak clearly and conversationally.
To insert punctuation say the name of the punctuation mark you want to add.
- Question mark
- Exclamation point
- Exclamation mark
- New line
- New paragraph
- Open quote
- Close quote
- Open quotes
- Close quotes
- If you make a mistake while dictating, move your cursor to the mistake and fix it with your keyboard. No need to turn off the microphone.
- When finished, select Dictate again to stop typing.
- Review your document and fix any errors.