Other useful Articles
- Skype / Teams meetings can be conducted with internal and external participants.
- An internal participant is defined as having a Scouts NSW email address, e.g. email@example.com
- An external participant is defined as not having a Scouts NSW email address, but has another type of email address.
- Scroll down for
- External Participants Joining the meeting
- Internal Participants Joining the meeting
- Sharing a Presentation
- Ending a meeting
Set up a Skype / Teams meeting with Scouts NSW
- Book a meeting from your Office 365 account / calendar
- Logon to the office 365 account via your internet browser
- Click on Outlook icon
- Click on the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen
- The appointment screen will be shown
- Select the day & time you wish to hold the meeting, by double clicking on the calendar square
- Enter the following:
- Meeting Title
- Invite attendees – for internal participants select the name from the list, for external participants enter their email address
- Add the start and finish times
- Add a repeat if this is a reoccurring meeting
- Click on the and then select what type of meeting you want to have
- Set a meeting reminder
- Add any other information in the description or attach any documents
- Once you have completed all the info, press send to send the invitation out.
- All invites will receive an invitation which will look something like this
External Participants Joining the meeting
- The participant will receive an email invitation. It will have a link in it.
- Click on the Join online meeting link.
- When they click on the the link will open up their web browser and present then with something like this.
If they are already a Skype for Business user (Maybe with their own company), they can click on the Open Skype for Business 2016.
- If they are not s Skype for Business user, they can click cancel and then click Join with the Skype Meetings App (web)
- Join the meeting via the web.
- If they do not have the Open Skype Meetings App, you will be prompted to download it to your computer to install it.
- Once it is installed click on the message to logon to the meeting.
- If they have previously downloaded the Skype Meetings App just click in thebutton
- The app will open up
Enter your name and click Join
- If the meeting has not started you will see this screen
Internal Participants Joining the meeting
- Open O365 from the web browser
- Open Outlook and then Calendar
- Find the meeting you are wanting to join in your Calendar
Click the Join icon at the bottom
- This will open the Skype for business app
- At this screen, just press OK
- You are now in the meeting
- If there are participants who are a non-Scout user waiting to join, you will see the line in yellow. Click on the Admit button to let them in
- Now you will see everyone who is in the meeting
- Make sure that you turn your camera on
- Click on the camera icon
- Now click on Start My Video
- Click the microphone to unmute you microphone
Sharing a Presentation
This can be done from any of the participants, using a computer and not a mobile phone
- Click on the Share Screen icon
- You will see a pop up asking what you want to share
- Select what you want to share, and the others will be able to see it
- Once you are sharing you have some options
At the top of the screen, you will see a menu bar appear
You can give control to someone else, you can stop presenting.
- If another participant wants to take control of the presentation, they can click on the Request Control icon on their screen . You will be prompted to grant that control or not.
Ending a meeting
- Click on the red hung up button
- The meeting has ended. You can now close all the applications.